Working at GarnettArchitecture
GarnettArchitecture is a multi-skilled design consultancy based on Union Street, a short walk from Bankside and the Tate Modern. We undertake a wide range of office, mixed use and residential developments, including new-build schemes and redevelopments, work to listed and historic buildings and interior architecture. Our projects range in value from £1m to £20m.
The practice provides an all-through service, supporting projects from feasibility to construction and we encourage our staff to develop the broad range of skills and knowledge required for this approach.
We encourage applications from dynamic candidates with an interest in all aspects of the architectural process, who wish to be involved in projects through every design stage.
GarnettArchitecture offers good prospects for career progression and we are seeking staff looking to advance their skills and contribute to the long-term development of the practice.
The practice is currently seeking applicants for the following positions:
Job Role Min. Experience Posted
We currently have an opportunity for a Project Architect in a full time/ permanent position. We encourage applications from dynamic candidates with an interest in all aspects of the architectural process, who wish to be involved in projects through every design stage.
Candidates must be ARB registered Architects with between two and four years UK experience post RIBA Part 2, sound construction and building regulations knowledge and be comfortable liaising with clients and project teams.
- generating creative design at all stages of projects
- assisting with the efficient delivery of the architectural services identified in the project brief, to the agreed deadlines
- working around constraining factors such as town planning legislation, environmental impact and project budget
- engaging with clients, consultants and contractor teams
- developing project briefs in conjunction with the client
- writing and presenting reports, proposals, applications and contracts
- applying for planning permission and advice from building control and other legislative bodies
- preparing technical design and specification information for construction
- visiting site and resolving any problems that may arise during construction
- integrating sustainable design and ethos into existing and new projects
- delivering the highest quality of drawn and written output at all times
Your skills and experience:
- ARB Qualified Architect
- proficiency in AutoCAD
- experience with either ArchiCAD or Revit an advantage
- design-focused with passion for detailing and materiality
- sound technical grounding with experience working to building codes and practice standards
- previous experience in maintaining and building relationship with clients
- leadership skills as well as the ability to work well in a team and mentor junior staff
- experience liaising with contractors and the contract administration processes
- excellent presentation skills, both verbally, written and drawing.
- a proactive and enthusiastic personality with strong interpersonal skills
- well organised
- strong and engaged team player
- eligible to work in the UK
This is a superb opportunity to join a lively and creative practice with excellent opportunities for career development.
There is a competitive salary package on offer for the right candidate with excellent prospects for advancement.
How to apply
To apply, please send a covering letter describing how you will contribute to GarnettArchitecture along with your CV and examples of your work in A4 format by email to: email@example.com
Attachments must not exceed 10MB. Candidates must possess fluent spoken and written English. Please state in your application if you have visa requirements.
GarnettArchitecture is an equal opportunities employer.
No agencies please. We will only be able to reply to candidates selected for interview.
- eligible to work in the UK
- RIBA Part 3 Qualified
- 2 years experience Post Part 2
- fluent spoken and written English
- proficiency AutoCAD and either ArchiCAD or Revit,
- Sound personal communication skills